Managing your Credit Card
Every month, we send you a printed or electronic statement that gives you information on all your Credit Card transactions and payments.
- Your statement reflects the exact situation of the account on that particular date.
- Check your statement to make sure that all your transactions were made by you or with your authority and that all payments to us are shown.
- If you need an interim statement during the month, you can get one by calling us, from any Standard Bank ATM, branch or through Internet banking.
TIP: If your postal address has changed, please call us so that we can ensure you continue to receive your statements. Better still, sign up for convenient electronic statements.
Convenient and secure, your FREE electronic statements will set you FREE from paperwork.
Benefits of getting your statements via e-mail:
- it's FREE
- more secure
- easy to store and retrieve
- instant - no more postal delays or missing mail!
To register, simply give us a call
How to Read Your Statement
Your Credit Card statement will show you:
- your limit
- available credit
- minimum payment due
- due date
- interest rate
- transaction and payment details
The minimum amount is 3% of the outstanding balance or R25, whichever is greater, plus any budget instalments.
The due date is the date by when your monthly payment must be made.
A good payment history is one in which at least the minimum amount is paid on time every month.
A bad payment history includes missed and late payments.
TIP: Pay your account on time every month by loading a debit order and build up a good credit record.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not receiving your statements, please call the call centre on 0861 201 000