One Card, One Limit
As soon as you receive your Credit Card, you will have access to your straight and budget facility.
Your Credit Card has one limit. This means that you have the freedom to choose to spend in any combination of straight and budget purchases adding up to your total limit.
You decide how your limit should be divided.
If you have a total limit* of R4,000 you may spend:
- up to R4,000 on straight purchases, or
- up to R4,000 on budget purchases, or
- up to R4,000 on any combination of straight and budget purchases.
*The amount you may spend depends on the available credit on your account.
This facility is specifically for everyday spending and cash withdrawals at any ATM.
This facility is used for purchases and cash withdrawals of R200 or more. You can choose between 6 and 60 months to make your repayments.
- You may pay for as many items as you wish on your budget facility, as long you have credit available on your account.
- To make it easy for you to manage, your budget instalments are included in the minimum payment due so that you don't have to worry about making additional payments into your budget facility.
- Interest is charged from the date of the purchase.
- Purchases on your budget facility are listed separately on your monthly statements.
The only transactions that cannot be made with your budget facility are:
- purchases of traveller’s cheques and foreign currency
- progressive payments such as bond instalments
- petrol purchases
- electronic account payments
TIP: You can check your available credit at any ATM or through Standard Bank Internet banking.
Increasing your Credit Limit
- You may apply for an increase after six months.
- Any increase will be based on your Credit Card history.
- To apply for a Credit Limit Increase, click here.
- Cash and cheque payments have a 10 day clearance period for security reasons.
Electronic Account transfers take one day to clear if the transfer is made from another Standard Bank account and 10 days if made from an account with another bank.